Bauhinia × blakeana (commonly
called the Hong Kong Orchid) is
the floral emblem of Hong Kong
Copyright © 2016 SBE International Ltd. ("the Company"). All rights reserved. Disclaimer: All information provided on this website is subject to change without notice. While efforts have
been made to make this website helpful and accurate, due to the open nature of this website, and the potential for errors in the storage and transmission of digital information, the
Company does not warrant the accuracy of information obtained from this website or that it will not violate or infringe any right of third parties.
Hong Kong Head Office
Suite 1201, 663 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong
T: +852 . 3741 1841 / F: +852 . 3741 1842
China Regional Office
Room 2706, Full Tower, No. 9 Dongsanhuan Zhonglu,
Chaoyang Beijing 100020, China
T: +8610 85951800 / F: +8610 85951889
Steven Poon – Chairman
- Steven is a founding member of SBE.
- Steven is a former General Manager and COO of China Light & Power Company Limited where he developed
the Daya Bay Nuclear Power Station and worked with the Ministry of Energy of China to develop a large-scale
natural gas field in South China Sea.
- Steven founded Bright World Enterprise Limited in 1992 and partnered with Cheung Kong Holdings and
Hutchison Group to develop the 1,300MW Zhuhai Power Station in Southern China.
- Steven was a Member of the Council of Hong Kong Stock Exchange and a member of the Listing Committee.
Steven was also a Member of the Hong Kong Legislative Council and founded the Liberal Party as its Vice-
Chairman. At the same period, Steven was the Chairman of Land Development Corporation, a Government-
owned urban redevelopment company and was a Founding Member and Vice Chairman of the Hong Kong
University of Science & Technology.
- Steven was a Director of International Bank of Asia, a bank owned by the Arab Banking Corporation. He was
also a Director of China Merchants China Direct Investments Limited, which was among the first international
fund to invest in China.
- Steven holds a Bachelor Degree and a Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, and a Doctor Degree in
Joseph Poon “JP” – Chief Executive Officer
- JP is a founding member of SBE.
- JP founded the Vertex Group in 1998, an media company in partnership with international renowned medias
such as the Washington Post Company and Disney ESPN,. Vertex published Newsweek Chinese Edition, ESPN
China, MIT Technology Review Chinese Edition and a number of English learning publications in China.
- JP led the listing of Vertex on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange through an IPO in 2002. From 2002 to 2010, he
was the CEO of Vertex and acted as the responsible person to the HK Stock Exchange. During this period, he
raised a total of USD 23 million for Vertex.
- From 2010 to 2013, JP founded a joint-venture partnership with China Power International Holdings Limited and
China Southern Power Grid Corporation to bring power technologies from China to overseas markets.
- JP holds a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree from University of Southern California.
Andreas Werner – China Development
- Prior to joining SBE in 2016, Andreas was the CEO of UIL (China) in Beijing a company trading ferrous and non-
- From 2014 to 2015, Andreas was the CEO and Vice President of Winsway Enterprises Holdings Ltd. a listed
company in Hong Kong, where he arranged the restructuring of the company’s USD 310 million debt notes.
- From 1995 to 2014, Andreas was the CEO for China of Raiffeisen. He established the bank’s branch in Beijing
with trade finance as its main business line and introduced the first warehouse financing transaction in China. In
1997, Andreas upgraded the bank’s Hong Kong representative office into a branch in 2011, set up Xiamen
branch in 2012, Zhuhai representative office in 2002, and Harbin office in 2007.
- Andreas studied Sinology (Chinese studies) in Vienna and Beijing and holds a Master of Law from Vienna
Philip Wu – Facility Manager
- Prior to joining SBE, Philip was the Group Operating Manager of OneSteel Recycling (Asia). Philip has been
managing HP’s recycling facilities (currently owned by SBE) since 2001.
- From 1998 to 2001, he was the Finance and Administration Manager of Linde Material. Linde Material was a
leading manufacturer of material handling equipment with headquarter in Germany. Philip was the leading the
company’s expansion in China.
- From 1993 to 1998, Philip was the Financial Controller of Nordex Steel. Nordex Steel was a leading steel trading
company based in Vienna, Austria. Philip oversaw the accounting division and liaised with bankers in Hong
- From 1988 to 1993, Philip was the Group Finance and Administration Manager of British Steel (Asia), which is a
joint-venture between British Steel and Jardine, focusing on steel product distribution in Asia. British Steel had
offices in China, Taiwan, Philippines, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Philip holds a degree in Banking and Finance of International Trade in Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
Tim Bardwell – Investments & Acquisitions
- Tim is a Director and Compliance Officer of AK Partners (Hong Kong) Ltd (HK SFC Licenced) in the
development of alternative asset / PE fund business, both inbound and outbound China. He is experienced in
fund raising and deal structuring and investment target due diligence.
- From 2009 - 2010, Tim was a Business Consultant of MENA Capital Group FZCO, Dubai. From 2001 to 2008,
Tim was the Director for Corporate Finance of Access Capital (HK SFC Licenced) and was in charge of business
development and the execution of corporate finance transactions.
- From 1999 to 2001, Tim was a Director of Deutsche Bank AG, Hong Kong, as the Head of Financial Institutions
Group for North Asia (Greater China, Korea and Philippines) (Jan 2000 - Mar 2001).
- From Mar 1986 – Mar 1999, Tim worked for Morgan Stanley in London and Hong Kong as an Executive Director
in Derivatives Group, Debt Capital Markets and Corporate Finance responsible for transaction execution
- Tim is a qualified English solicitor and a Hong Kong SFC type 4 & 9 license holder. Tim holds a Bachelor
Degree and a Master Degree in Law from Cambridge University, England.
Edward Tang - Chief Financial Officer
- Prior to joining SBE, Edward was the Chief Financial Officer and Director (2015-2017) of Sweet Potato Picture
Holding Ltd., a Hong Kong based company that engaged in film and TV productions. At Sweet Potato, he
prepared the company for IPO in Hong Kong Stock Exchange..
- From 2011 to 2015, Edward was the CFO of two China based companies that engaged in environmental
services and health food products. At both companies, he was in charge of the finance department and
prepared the companies for compliance to the listing rules of Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Edward led the IPO
teams of these two companies.
- From 2008 to 2011, Edward was the Executive Director and CFO of National Arts Holdings Ltd., a company
listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. In addition to overseeing all accounting and finance matters of the
company, Edward was also responsible for legal compliance and regulatory issues with the Hong Kong Stock
- Edward is a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the Association for Investment Management and
Research. Edward holds a Bachelor of Commerce Degree from University of Manitoba, Canada.
Ivan Wong - Chief Technology Officer
- Ivan is a founding member of SBE.
- From 1998 to 2006, Ivan was the Chief Technology Officer of Vertex, a company listed on the Hong Kong Stock
Exchange. At Vertex, he pioneered the development of audio and video Internet broadcasting platforms. He was
awarded with a number of recognitions for his innovations in information technology.
- From 2007 to 2012, Ivan founded a company specialized I.T. asset recovery. He brought the certification
systems and experiences from California for the computer recycling industry in Hong Kong. He was instrumental
in developing the tracking and inventory control systems for computer scrap and electronic wastes in Asia.
- In 2009, Ivan founded a Hong Kong based NGO to promote recycling in Hong Kong and was one of the major
supporters of Federation Industry Hong Kong Chapter 26 and the Environmental Association of Hong Kong.
- Ivan holds a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science Degree in Computer Science from Hong Kong
University of Science and Technology